Do you feel like eating pizza? You want to make your own, but you have little time available or you simply don’t feel like spending hours in the kitchen? Well, I got the solution! Ever thought of making your own tortilla pizza? Yes. Tortilla pizza! And on top, double-layered! A few years ago it would have never crossed my mind. But since I got introduced to it, it has been on my favorite quick recipes list!
When I go out for a pizza, I always look at the menu first. No matter how tempting it may sound to try out something new, for whatever reason I end up getting a margherita. I just love its simplicity! A good flavor just doesn’t depend on the quantity of ingredients, right?
Nevertheless, although I chose to make the margherita, you can feel free to use all the toppings you like. But you need to give this one a chance too. I promise, you will love it!! As soon as you take it out of the oven, let it cool off for a few minutes, and the tortilla pizza will turn into a crunchy addictive deliciousness!
Whether it’s your quick lunch or dinner option, or a snack for friends, this won’t be the last time you will make these.. :)
Let me know how they turned out and if you tried out other toppings!
Buon appetito! Or shall I say..buen provecho? ;)
- small to medium sized tortillas
- tomatoes, chopped or sliced
- mozzarella cheese, chopped
- parmesan cheese, grated
- olive oil
- basil leaves
- Preheat the oven at 180°C / 356°F.
- Place the tortillas on a baking paper covered baking sheet.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top of the tortillas.
- Place a second tortilla on top.
- Brush the surface with a little olive oil.
- Lay the chopped or sliced tomatoes on top.
- Add the mozzarella.
- Season with salt, basil and oregano.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Let them cool off for a few minutes before serving.
- I haven't used any exact quantities in recipe on purpose. Feel free to add the quantities that you prefer. Just be careful with the mozzarella. The more you put on top, the more it might moisten the tortilla. Letting them cool off for a few minutes before serving will help them get the crunchiness back.