Hello everyone! Hope you had wonderful Holidays!
This was one of the longest breaks I have taken from blogging..and I’ve been missing it! December was filled with unexpected trips, including to Sicily. So I had to put those ideas I wanted to share with you on hold. While the Christmas related recipes will have to wait until next year, there are so many more coming up in the following weeks and months ;)
We are not even halfway through the winter season, but once the holidays are over it feels like we are getting closer to spring, my favorite season together with summer! Lack of light, wearing tons of clothes and slipping on ice are just not my thing. Nevertheless, there are certain things that I do enjoy about the winter: That is the culinary aspect. Of course. Even the winter season is home of some tasty fruits and vegetables. Pomegranates are one of my favorites!
Who says that lemonade is a summer drink only?? What about a cozy day lying on the couch watching a movie, while drinking this hot lemonade? It tastes so fruity and at the same time it will boost your immune system! So, what are you waiting for? ;)
- juice of 1 lemon, plus few lemon slices
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1/2l / 17fl oz of water
- Bring water to a boil.
- Press the juice of the lemon.
- Remove the seeds of half pomegranate.
- Clean the mint sprigs.
- Place everything into a carafe or tea pot, or serve directly into cups or glasses.
- Pour the hot water on top. Stir well.
- The original recipe comes with rosemary, which I have replaced with mint leaves. Feel free to pick the herb that you prefer!